Skin care products has always been some of my favorite things to buy, to research, to test. However, now that I am a bride-to-be, it is more important than ever to lock in those holy grail products so I can be lookin’ glowy and fresh on my wedding day!
I had pretty okay skin (as okay as you can as a teenager) throughout high school, but it wasn’t until I started college that my skin started to get funky and demanded my attention. Ever since, I have been pretty obsessed with finding products that make my skin happy and fully locking in my skin care routine.
Skin care and routines can be really fun, but it can also be really difficult and sometimes stressful to find that right combination. We all have different needs for our skin, all live in different climates, all have different dailies that ultimately drive what we need out of a skin care routine. So – if you’ve been feelin’ down because trying to get the perfect skin care line up has felt impossible, don’t worry, you are not alone. We all struggle with it but I am here to hopefully add some really great products to your shelves.
The little feats make it easier. So, my advice is this – make sure you have your holy grail skin care items worked into your routine at all times. Routines can change, especially with seasonal changes, travels, and even work environments. Making sure that you have specific items that will be your always and go-to items will help settle your gripe with your skin.
I am going to sort of break down my favorites, or holy grail items, that I have in my line up, but also ordered in a routinely way. You will see removers, cleansers, toners, oils, etc. and hopefully one of these will fill in a spot that is missing in yours.
Remover: Simple Cleansing Wipes
- Usage: Morning or night; whenever you want!
- My Hype: I think Simple is a really great, affordable line and the cleansing wipes are a great place to start with a good skin care base. I use the sensitive skin wipes, but they also have micellar wipes too! Starting off with a cleansing wipe makes your cleanser really do its job, and you can start with a cleaner slate – whether it be makeup or just your daily icks, get them off!
- Where can I find it?: Virtually everywhere but Ulta.com
Cleanser: Orgins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser
- Usage: Nightly, sometimes morning
- My Hype: This is a recent addition to my skincare line up but it quickly moved to a staple. This is a great cleanser that really gets deep into the pores. Lather it up with luke warm water and let it do the rest. It is a pretty thick gel, so a little goes a long way.
- Where can I find it?: Origins.com
Toner: Mario Badescu Aloe Lotion
- Usage: Morning and night
- My Hype: I like this toner because it is really soothing, calming and cooling on the skin. I love toners because sometimes cleansers can feel really tight on the skin, and toners help loosen that and refresh the skin. This has been a holy grail of mine for years.
- Where can I find it?: mariobadescu.com
Moisturizers: Orgins VitaZing SPF 15 and First Aid beauty Ultra repair Cream
- Usage (Day) & Hype: Moisturizers are SO important. I have two moisturizers for you. Not only should you moisturize your skin for the day time, (added SPF is key) but moisturizing at night is needed. I love Orgins VitaZing moisturizer because it does have that added SPF, but it also has a sheer tint and is an energy-boosting moisturizer. This has really had an amazing impact on my skin and a lot of the times I feel great walking out of the house with just this on my face
- Usage (Night) & Hype: For night, I go super hydrating. I have used this product for years and it is like a tall glass of water, let me tell you. First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream is a thick moisturizer that I sort of put on heavy handed. I almost use it as an overnight mask to really get into my skin and hydrate it. It works wonders on dry patches.
- Where can I find them?: Orgins.com and firstaidbeauty.com
Oil: Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Oil
- Usage: Night
- My Hype: I think facial oils are game changers. Moisturizing is definitely key in any routine, but face oils are just the cherry on top. This has been one of my holy grails since forever and I seriously suggest you add this into your line. Skyn Iceland’s Arctic Face Oil is LIFECHANGING y’all, and it is super affordable. This is a dream in a bottle. Hydrates and repairs, it is my overnight frontline.
- Where can I find it?: skyniceland.com
Eye cream: Orgins GinZing Eye Cream
- Usage: Most mornings and every night
- My Hype: Eye creams are a no brainer. The under eye area takes on a lot of damage throughout the day so you need to replenish that area. I love Orgins GinZing eye cream because it is super thick, goes on smooth and you can feel it working right away. It is also great because it brightens your under eye area as well.
- Where Can I find it?: Origins.com
Lips: Bite Beauty’s Agave Balm
- Usage: Daily
- My Hype: I have hyped this so many times, but this is my go to, every day lip balm. It is so soothing, luxurious and super hydrating. it is such a staple and necessity. Toss it in your backpack, hand bag or in your drawer at work. Once you put that balm on your lips, you won’t stop.
- Where can I find it?: Sephora.com
- Usage: Daily (DUH)
- MY HYPE ISNT NECESSARY. You need water. You need water. (say it with me) You need water! Water is a necessity and as soon as you really start drinking the correct amount of water, your skin will glow on its own. Trust me. If your body is worn down and tired, so is your skin. So get drinkin’!
I know it was a lot of different products thrown at you all at once. These items have saved me on more than one occasion and I am hoping they will do the same for you. Remember, we all have different skin care needs, so listen to your skin!
Cheers to healthy, flawless and glowing skin in 2018!